Nancy and Nancy

I had such a wonderful time at the MidHudson SCBWI Conference the first weekend in June. One of my all time favorite authors and poets - Newberry Medalist Nancy Willard - was the keynote speaker. I wrote Nancy a fan letter, something I DO NOT do, many years ago - I still have her reply. Imagine my surprise and joy when I brought her book, Telling Time, to have autographed and found my book, Pizza for the Queen, on her table.

Here's the photo of us after she autographed her book and I autographed mine!





I later bought two of her other titles - Cinderella's Dress, illustrated by the wonderful Jane Dyer, and a book of poetry - In the Salt Marsh and had her autograph those .......and guess what - she had another copy of Pizza for me to sign!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Complex History of Columbus Day

Erasing the Past, Erasing Ourselves

An Interview with Author Jeannine Atkins